15th Annual Chili Fest Awards
The Downtown Tupelo Main Street Association (DTMSA) called for Chili Fest teams in September. Enthusiastically DTMSA welcomed 27 teams Friday morning as they filed onto South Broadway Street with decorations, costumes and award-winning chili recipes. As the teams entertained the guests, a group of judges blind tasted a chili sample from each team. After sampling all 27 chili recipes, the judges came to a conclusion. The following awards from the anonymous judges go to:
· “Make Ya Wanna Slap Your Mama Good!” 1st place: Supertalk
· “Better Luck Next Year 2nd place: Storage Max
· “Everything but the Kitchen Sink”- Most Original Recipe: Kermit’s Outlaw Kitchen/Neon Pig
· “Mystifying Oomph”- Most Unique Taste: South
A different group of judges were selected to judge based on team theme. There were several different themes ranging from golf to the 70’s. The following teams were awarded for their creativity and enthusiasm:
· “Serve It Up Right”- Best Presentation: Meals on Wheels
· “Rowdiest Cooks!”- Best Team Spirit: Tupelo Satellite
· “Sauciest Get Up”- Best Costumes: Tupelo Park and Recreation
· “Most ‘Souped’ Up Kitchen”- Most Creative Tent: Daily Journal
· “Supreme Scheme”- Most Original Theme: Community Bank
Our last group of judges was our guests. Each guest was given the opportunity to sample each chili and vote for their favorite.
· “Crowd Favorite”- By Vote of the Attendees: Kermit’s Outlaw Kitchen/Neon Pig
Congratulations to the winning teams! Thank you to all judges and the teams that participated this year!