Holiday open house kicks off downtown promotions
Downtown Tupelo is offering several events this holiday season, along with some new opportunities.
• Activities kick off this Sunday with the annual Holiday Open House from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Participating stores are About the South, Blairhaus, Caron Gallery, Farmhouse, Main Attraction, MLM Clothiers, Reed’s, Swirlz and Vow.
The Holiday Open House features a new event – Stuff the Stocking. During the open house, each store will have its own stocking filled with exclusive products, which will be displayed for viewing. Shoppers are allowed one entry per store, with the chance to win multiple stockings. No purchase is necessary to enter. The drawing and notification of the winner will be decided by each store separately, so make sure to ask the retailer upon entering.
• On Nov. 25, downtown will be open for Small Business Saturday during normal operating hours. Small Business Saturday is a national campaign that aims to highlight local business. A welcome booth will be set up along Main Street and many stores will have special offers.
• Beginning Nov. 30, downtown retailers will stay open later on Thursdays, keeping their doors open until 7 p.m. every Thursday until Christmas. The dates are Nov. 30 and Dec. 7, 14 and 21.
• On Dec. 1, the 69th Annual Reed’s Tupelo Christmas Parade will begin at 7 p.m.
• Another new event is Santa’s Last Stroll, which will be Dec. 22-23, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Because Christmas Eve is on a Sunday this year, downtown will be closed. To accommodate shoppers, retailers are staying open later during Santa’s Last Stroll. Stores will be open during their regular operating hours that day, and Santa’s Last Stroll will occur only during the extended hours.
Many of the details for Small Business Saturday and Santa’s Last Stroll are still being planned, and more details will soon be announced. For more information about any of these events, contact the Downtown Tupelo Main Street Association at (662) 841-6598.